Tips for Pool Tile Cleaning
We are in the thick of summer, and the daily sweltering heat has kept us in the pool for most of the day. We really can’t complain too much! However, the pool gets grimy much more quickly with this constant activity. Your friends at Allen Pool Atlanta are here to help this month with tile cleaning tips! We can help with your pool cleaning services!
- Make tile cleaning part of your routine. The interesting thing about tile is that it takes a while for tile to actually look dirty. However, dirt and other particles are accumulating all of the time, and bacteria love to grow on tile. To keep that from happening, incorporate regular tile scrubbing into your cleaning routine. We recommend a good scrub once a week. Adding this small task can really make a difference in giving your pool that extra sparkle and keeping it clean.
- Obtain the necessary materials. When you visit your pool supply store to find tile cleaner, you will be presented with a myriad of options. The most important thing to note is that all of the products accomplish the same goal, so don’t stress too much when picking a cleaner. If you become overwhelmed by the options you can always ask a specialist at the pool supply store. You will also need a good pumice stone, a brush or rag for application, a bucket of water, and a rag for wiping excess cleaner off.
- Lower the water line. The goal of this process is to make those tiles shine while also preventing the tile cleaner from getting into the water (as much as you can). We recommend lowering the water line below the tile so you can really get in there without worrying about contaminating the water.
- Start applying the product. Grab your rag or brush and apply a thin layer of tile cleaner, being careful to wipe excess product before it drips into the pool. We recommend doing this in sections because you will want to leave the tile cleaner on for about 15 minutes, and doing the whole pool at once would mean that the cleaner would sit on some of the tile for longer than that, which we don’t want.
- After you have allowed the cleaner to set, start scrubbing with the pumice stone. Grab your bucket of water and rag to wipe off the excess cleaning supply. Repeat with each section of the pool, and stand back every once in a while to admire the way your tile sparkles!
We know this sounds like a lot of work, and it is not the easiest job. However, as with every maintenance project, the more often you do it the easier it will be each time. Happy scrubbing!
How to Use This Information
Here at Allen Pool Atlanta, we love giving our customers tips for DIY maintenance and repair. However, everyone could use some help, and that’s where we really shine. We offer top-of-the-line maintenance, repair, and renovation services. For more information give us a call at (770) 451-1621 or contact us online!
Request a Quote
Please call (770) 451-1621 to request pool winterization by Allen Pool Service in Atlanta.